WHAT IS THE NATIONAL ACCOMMODATION ASSOCIATION OF SOUTH AFRICA (NAA-SA)?
The NAA-SA is a national organisation bringing together guesthouses, bed and breakfasts (B+B) and self-catering accommodation throughout South Africa. We are the national voice for medium and small accommodation establishments.
NAA-SA membership assures guests, looking for accommodation in guesthouses and bed and breakfasts, that they can expect quality, reputable service and value for money.
All the accommodation establishments listed are members and, as such, you are assured that they comply with the Association’s strict standards and requirements for membership. The NAA-SA caters from basic to luxury accommodation.
Who are we?
The NAA-SA is a national association, bringing together local and provincial networks and associations throughout the country. Just as membership of the ‘Master Builders Association’ means that a provider of building services offers reputable andreliable service, so too the NAA-SA plays an important quality assurance role in the accommodation industry. NAA-SA membership assures those looking for accommodation in smaller establishments that they can expect quality, reputable service and value for money – and recourse if this is not the case.
All accommodation listings provided are of member establishments and, as such, you are assured that they comply with the Associations standards and requirements for membership
Establishments are inspected by provincial representatives to ensure professionalism and make sure your stay is an enjoyable experience.
Accommodation listings are continually updated by members, in real time, to ensure correct details.
What you get for your subscriptions
- Special rate with ABSA & FNB bank for credit card machine and commission and landline or cellphone option.
- Special rate with Nedbank iVeri Voice online credit card transactions from a fixed line or cell phone, no penalty for low turnover and Nedbank Credit Card Machines.
- Members get a 25% discount on TV licences.
- Member Establishment Marketing opportunities at Indaba, Hostex, Getaway and other trade markets.
- 15% discount on BnB Sure Insurance – [this is the preferred policy by NAA-SA and gives public liability insurance minimum 30 million rand.
- Representation with FEDHASA through NAA-SA member participation.
- Representation on the Tourism Grading Council Awards Committee.
- Representation at various local, national and international Tourism Meetings/ committee’s and boards -. The input at those meetings on behalf of the industry is vital and effects decisions made about the industry.
- Information, support and advice for all your questions.
- Free listing on NAA-SA dedicated website to promote member establishments. Eventually it will contain vital information such as details of municipality requirements, suppliers, and legislation pertaining to the industry in fact as much useful information as possible for the member.
- Free listing with the NAA-SA Accommodation Finder and Premium listing cost R300-00 pa and including a photo and short write up.
- Discount with Sealy
- Discount with Weatherly’s seven and a half percent.
- Representation on CATHSSETA formally THETA Hospitality Chamber; access to free and semi-sponsored skills development workshops.
- Representation at board level with the Tourism Business Council of South Africa.
- Loyalty points discount with Hirsch’s Home stores.
- NAA-SA provides representation on a national level.
- We produce an Accommodation Finder publication every year for Indaba.
- Crime watch notices – these have saved members thousands of rands as forewarned is forearmed!!
- Newsletter giving interesting information, tips and legal information.
- Countrywide referral system to pass on business from one province to another
- Opportunity to purchase NAA-SA Signs for display in establishments for protection and the NAA-SA Guest Register, send an email to email@example.com price list
- Advice and Helpline 082 900 0309